Saturday, January 2, 2010

Free image of Dumas book cover

This is the scanned cover of a book titled 'Works of Alexandre Dumas'. The book is falling apart and I will be tearing the pages out to use in collage work. I'm scanning the illustrations that are in the book as well and will share them on here as well. Not all at one time though; I'll space it out. It'll give me something to actually blog about rather than just rambling LOL!

I do not know any of the details regarding the publisher or the copyright information as the first few pages of the book are missing. I found this book in a local 'antique' (pronounced as 'junk') shop a while back. I LOVE going in there because you never know what you will find. I don't know how often they actually get anything different but they move things around often enough that I always 'see' something not yet discovered. For personal use only since the copyright info is unavailable. Or if you know more about it, please let me know and I'll post it here. I'll probably use the book covers someday when I decide to try my hand at an altered book. In the meantime, I'll be using the pages of text and the images for collage work. There are enough pages here to keep me busy for a long, long time haha!  While flipping through the book tonight making sure I got all the illustrations, I decided it would be fun to just randomly choose a page spread and find a phrase that leaps out at me. Then create a collage around that. The first phrase that jumped at me is on pg. 237 'Excuse me, but there are some moments when I am half mad.' If that doesn't beg to be turned into artwork, I don't know what will! It describes me so well too :-)

We went shopping in Jackson yesterday and I found a few things at Hobby Lobby (of course). I LOVE Hobby Lobby's clearance racks. I never miss out on finding something there. Plus had a good selection of stamps on sale as well as their scrapbook paper. We went to a new shopping center that we'd heard about at Flowood. It's really nice and filled with interesting shops. Some weren't open for the New Year's Day holiday but most were. Nelson had LOTS of fun at Bass Pro Shop and bought mostly clothes rather than fishing goodies. Strange but true :-) And of course, I found a bookstore. This time it was Barnes & Noble at some fancy-schmancy shopping center north of Jackson. I told Nelson we didn't come close to looking like we belonged in that ritzy-looking place. Found out green money was all they really cared about anyway :-)

Enjoy using the image if you like and please let me know if you do. I'd love to see what you do with it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and God Bless You!

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: