Monday, January 18, 2010

Still here...

Weekend was too short but my oldest son (my Marine) was here for a visit that we definitely enjoyed. My fibromyalgia was flaring a bit too much for me to get any fun stuff, i.e. art, done so that was a bummer. I just didn't have the energy to get much of anything done. The fatigue is slowly getting better but still have the stiff, achy feeling. Not the worst flare I've ever had and for that I'm thankful. I did go to the dr. today and get my meds going again. Anyway, enough of that.

Work has been really busy and we're glad of that. It was so slow in the car business for so long that this upswing has us very encouraged that the economy is on the mend.

My youngest son, Blake, is 25 years old and has not been able to find anything as far as a job goes and it's past time he was out on his own. He's thinking of joining the Air Force and we've done a lot of talking about that. I'm certainly not against it; I think any young person who feels led to join the military is serving a higher calling than many of us are ever called to do. Of course, I'm concerned about the chance for them to be in combat but when it's all said and done, I just want them to be happy and fulfilled in their life's choices.

Hopefully my next post will have proof that I really  have been working in my craft room and have accomplished something besides a pretty good-looking background on a canvas board. Which is all I have now :-)

Have a great week and God Bless You

1 blog friends left a treasured comment:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You were so sweet to get back to me with info on your trailing wand. I contacted that sweet woman as well and now I am on the brink of getting myself together. I didn't realize you had fibromyalgia? Yikes. That must be very painful.
Work is hard to find here in the southwest as well. This economy sucks hardcore. My husband is in ourside sales for an industrial supply company and it is "dead" out there.
I hope you will feel like working on something fun again real soon.