Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rainy Sunday

I'm working on Anniversary party stuff for next month and have no time to play with any of my art supplies. Unless it's for decorations for the party anyway. Today it's rainy and nasty outside so I'm working on pictures that I'll reprint and scatter along the tables in the reception hall. I'll sprinkle gold and black curly ribbon along with the photos to keep the decor simple but quietly elegant at the same time. Color theme is black and white with a few splashes of gold to tie in with the Golden anniversary theme.

Blake decided to stay at Ole Miss this weekend so it's been really quiet here at home. Guess the 'empty nest' syndrome should be kicking in about now haha

I'll share a picture that I really love. This is my parents in much younger years. I'm not even sure if it was before or after they'd married; probably after. I imagine I wasn't even a glimmer in their eyes at this point :-) I'm the oldest so it was less than 2 years after this was taken that I was born. I am pretty sure of that at least. I couldn't remember how to make the copyright symbol so it's not on here but I did post the copyright info. I really don't want to see this photo spread all over the web. I believe that run-down building on the left is an outhouse but I'm not entirely sure of that :-) I hope you enjoy it and it brings back happy memories for you too.

2 blog friends left a treasured comment:

Michele said...

What a sweet romantic photo!

VBR said...

Well! I just love, LOVE this photo. Wow!