Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shopping trip and have a safe, fun Labor Day weekend!

Went shopping in Tupelo, MS today with Nelson and Blake and we had a great time. Went to Hobby Lobby and got everything on my wish list by way of some compromises. I had listed Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons but after seeing the price, I got a different brand instead :-) I'm just not artistically developed enough to justify (to myself) paying alot of money for supplies. Best find of the day was that they had rubber stamps (wood-handled variety) on sale at 50% off!! My definition of good news as I'd been wanting to add to my rubber stamp collection. I got 3 that I will definitely use and you will be seeing used in the future.

Of course, my favorite part of any shopping trip is the bookstore visit. And a jaunt to Tupelo nets not one, but 2, bookstores. There's a Books-a-Million 2 doors down from Hobby Lobby and there's a Barnes and Noble in the mall. Blake likes the bookstore as much as I do; he and I could happily spend HOURS, if not DAYS, exploring every corner of one. I really like used bookstores too. They're always a treasure trove of inspiration and creativity prompts.

We are off Monday for Labor Day and I am so glad to have a long weekend. I have so many things I want to get done. Blake is out of school Monday too and he and I will be competing for the laundry room Sunday and Monday. At least he does his own laundry and doesn't drag it home for me to take care of. He's loving Ole Miss; he says 'college is great, too bad classes get in the way'. I raised a smart-a**.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend and God Bless You

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: