Friday, July 24, 2009

Found quotes I like

Catching up on blogs I follow tonight and found a new one, Art and Inspirations . It's got some amazing photos and art featured there and is well worth checking out for yourself. She has some quotes listed that really caught my attention and are now floating around in my head searching for a place to land where they'll give the most inspiration and be remembered for more than a fleeting moment.

"It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." ~Leo Buscaglia
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it." ~ Danny Kaye

I especially like that last one and would love to get some time to do exactly that; throw some paint (or glue, or colored pencil, etc.) around. I have been talking for so long about working in collage and mixed-media but have yet to put that 'talk' into action. It seems that every single moment is taken up with something that takes priority over my crafting. I should not let that happen so often; crafting and the act of creating something, anything, feeds my soul as well as my heart. Even if whatever I'm working on turns out horribly, I still feel gratified to have made the attempt.

DH (darling husband) and I now have 2 of the other grandkids with us; we traded Payton for his older brother and younger sister. Lance and Adelyn came late yesterday afternoon with their other great-grandparents and Payton went back home with them for the rest of the kids' stay here in MS. It's good that we live close enough to each other that we're able to do that; gives all us 'grands' and 'greats' the chance to visit with all the kids.

Lance is 6 and Adelyn is 3; both of them are much more active than their 5 year old brother Payton. These 2 definitely keep us on our toes but are so much fun to spend time with. We all went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries tonight and now I'm completely worn out. Work was not all that busy today but keeping up with those 2 younguns zapped what energy I had left. I wouldn't have it any other way.

My son and his wife, the kids' parents, will be back in MS tomorrow and will be leaving with all the kids sometime on Sunday. They'll be moving to North Carolina within the month so it will most likely be a long time before we see them again. Emails and phone calls will have to suffice for a while.

Well, enough rambling. Now I'm going back to catching up on blogs while 'Wall-E' plays in the background. Lance wanted to watch it as he falls asleep. I think this makes the 3rd time we've watched it since last night :-)

God Bless You and have a great weekend!

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: