Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thought to Ponder

After last night's rambling blog post, I just happened to run across this saying today at Zettiology. 'Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy afternoon'. Hmmmmm, kinda fits the way I was feeling last night when I was talking about being restless. I love to create and do 'crafty' things but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to do anything or I just don't know what I want to do. That's really what I was feeling last night.

That link to Zettiology in the preceding paragraph is worth checking out for anyone interested in altered art, mixed-media collage or anything of that nature. It's also pretty cool to explore if you're just a bit 'off the beaten path' so to speak. Go check it out and you'll see what I mean. I love to cruise through there and let my imagination roam.

Anyways, today is better in that I'm not restless. I got plenty done at work today and am actually accomplishing some things at home this evening too. My oldest son called today and said he and the 3 kids will be here for a weekend visit sometime tomorrow evening. YAY!! I get to see 'my babies' as I call them. They're certainly not babies anymore but I guess I'll always feel that way about them. I'm sure I'll have some pics to share soon since I plan on giving my Canon Digital Rebel a workout while they're here.

I do have to work Saturday morning. In fact, I have to work the next 2 Saturdays for half a day. I'm kinda looking forward to next week though as I'll be filling in for someone who'll be on vacation and it will give me a chance to do something a little different for a bit. Probably weird for me to feel that way but I enjoy changing things up sometimes. I'm sure we'll be extra busy with one person being out but it sure makes the time go faster when you're busy. My supervisor and I work together extremely well anyway and I really enjoy when it's just she and I. We always have a good time while we get plenty done too.

I'm just not in the mood to rant about anything tonight since I'm in such a good mood with the grandkids expected :-) I'll end by saying this: I do think that Michael Jackson was a great entertainer and I do enjoy some of his music. However, I will be glad when the media isn't so full of details of his death, etc. I'm ready to let him rest in peace, as I sincerely pray that he is. Just my opinion.

God Bless You!

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: