Monday, August 10, 2009

New friend

It is so gratifying to find a new friend and when you connect with someone on the web, it's even more miraculous. If not for blogging and cruising artists' sites, I would not have 'met' Jamie at Art-e-ology. She is so sweet and she and I are now buddies! When I blogged about getting fit and healthy she contacted me and now we are encouraging each other and having such a great time getting to know each other. We live several states away from each other but that just gives us more to talk about. I can hardly wait to check my email now in hopes of finding something new from my friend. Ironically, a feature on her site is 'FIT' or 'Free Image Tuesday' and now she and I are getting 'fit' together; life is strange, huh? I love it!!

I've met several people over the years through the internet and am really blessed to be able to call them friends. I met Lynette from Australia and she and I have had many interesting conversations both by email and by phone. I always learn something from her; she's one of the most intelligent people I've ever met. I love her Aussie accent and she loves my Mississippi twang :-)

I met Aimee from Hawaii through a fibromyalgia website and she had a tremendous impact on my life. She introduced me to many sites that gave me the information necessary to educate myself about fibromyalgia. More importantly, she helped me learn how to live with the condition and also to work while handling the symptoms of fibro. I will always have a special spot in my life for her; she's given me more than she'll ever know. She and I have lost contact with each other over the years but I will never forget her.

There have been others that I've developed friendships with and really enjoyed our time we had together but have since lost contact. I think people come into our lives for specific reasons; some will continue on with us as we journey through life and others will impact us in great ways but not end up being life-long contacts. While I would love to stay in contact with everyone I've ever met and developed a friendly relationship with, it's just not feasible. Not for me anyway.

Life is so full and so widespread that it's inevitable that we lose touch with some of our acquaintances. I've always been the type to have a small circle of very close friends and lots of 'casual' friends. My best friend, or BFF, is Linda who lives pretty close. She and I used to get together quite often but lately it's been longer and longer between visits. She and I have been through ALOT together and I do not know where I'd be today without her love, friendship and most of all her wisdom. At first glance, she and I are so different but once you dig just a bit deeper we're very much alike. She and I have a 'date' to get together next weekend.

Jamie and I are just beginning our friendship journey together and I am so grateful that we found each other. She has already brought joy and sunshine into my days and we have more good things to look forward to in the days ahead. She and I are both doing well on our get healthy quest and her encouragement is precious to me.

Treasure your friends; there are some people who have none.

God Bless You!

1 blog friends left a treasured comment:

Jamie said...

Ohhh! Sweet Theresa!! You have made my day sweetie! I,too, am so grateful that we found each other and I know that we can do great things together. FIT fits us to a T, huh? LOL!! You have made wonderful friends and I know that they treasure you just as much. Hope your day is going GREAT!! Love, Jamie