Saturday, January 31, 2009

Grandkids are wonderful!

There is absolutely nothing better than waking up in the morning and having a grandchild in the house. Their giggles and sweet voices start the day off in a way that can't be topped. Addy spent the night with us and she woke up in the best mood. That's not always the case but it was today and it was wonderful. It sure did make it hard to go to work though when I'd much rather have stayed home with her.

Payton slept over at Grandma and Grandaddy B's but he came over this afternoon and he and Addy blew bubbles out on our back deck. The bubbles didn't hold their interest long and Payton and his Dad are now out hunting; Payton was so excited when his Dad told him to get his insulated overalls on. He laughed and giggled so much it took him quite a while to get the overalls on. I hope they at least see some deer so Payton can get that same experience that thrills his Dad so much.

I imagine we'll go visit some more over at Grandaddy B's this evening and end up with Addy back over here to spend the night. Payton loves sleeping in Grandma B's bed so he'll probably want to stay over there again.

Both the kids have been so good and it's so hard not to spoil them rotten. Addy just gave her Papaw Nelson 'the look' and talked him into scooting over so she could squeeze herself into the lounge chair with him. She has all the menfolk in the family wrapped around her little finger. I know I'm prejudiced but she is an amazingly beautiful child.

I hope to get Brad to get some photos of me with both the kids, singly and all 3 of us together. Jilly takes such amazing pictures but I'd like to have some myself that I can post here and in other web albums.

Addy is trying to brush Barbie's hair right now and that's not an easy task. She's determined to get it done though and I love watching the concentration on her face.

God Bless You!

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: