Monday, February 23, 2009

Chiropractor to the Rescue?

I had my initial consultation today with Dr. Morris, the chiropractor. I really like him. He's very down to earth and professional. He says the muscles in my neck area are very tense and spasming. Hopefully that is where my headaches are coming from. I go back to see him in a couple of days to find out what the recommended course of treatment is and decide if I want to get started with the adjustments.

We three women in the main part of the office have to juggle our appointments around each other's lunch times and appointments. It gets tough at times to do that but we manage it pretty well. Hopefully 2 of us won't ever be sick at the same time; that would be hard to work around. I bet we figure out a way to handle it though if it ever does happen. Most of us are the type to go in to work no matter what so we'd probably just warn everyone else away and keep right on plugging away.

I did get some work done on my photo project this weekend and was planning on finishing it tonight. I'm really achy after that chiro exam today though and just don't feel like working on anything. I guess the physical exam got the fibromyalgia aches intensified. I'm kicked back in the recliner typing this and the only body parts moving are my hands and fingers. That much I can handle at the moment. That photo project is turning out very nice though so I'll definitely share pics of it here when it's complete.

I am so incredibly blessed that I feel like I sound ungrateful when I talk or even think about how the fibro makes me feel. I have many more good days than bad ones and am so thankful for my life and all the people in it. There are so many people who are much worse off than I am; makes my petty pains not even register on the scale. I pray for those who deal with so much more than I do. God is the only reason I am able to work and deal with life on a daily basis with any degree of ease. I thank Him for his grace and mercy that He showers on me and my family.

I am so ready to see our grandkids; it's been far too long. Nelson said he'll be working all weekend so I guess we won't be seeing the rugrats this weekend either. I 'think' my brother and his family will be here this coming weekend for a visit and a mini-birthday party for Thomas Houston. He'll be 5 years old; so hard to believe. Bradley's middle child, Payton, will be 5 just a few days after T.H. All our babies are growing up far too fast.

We're watching 'House' and marveling at Hugh Laurie's talent. N and I absolutely LOVE this show. He's so viciously sarcastic but so funny at the same time that he ends up being one of those characters you love to hate.

Hope to get to sleep early and ease up some of these aching muscles. Have a great Tuesday and God Bless You

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: