Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hump Day

Wednesday, middle of the week, halfway through. However you look at it, Wednesday feels like you're getting close to having a break. For those of us who work Monday through Friday, at least. Some Saturday mornings too in my case.

Very busy and productive day. Still working on end of month/first of month stuff but it's going pretty well for the most part.

2 of the grandkids have been sick with whatever cold/flu bug is going around. I sure hope they're better soon. I know their Mom Nicole is worn out from dealing with their aches and pains and not getting enough sleep. I hope she doesn't come down with it herself.

Been messing around with the blog design again. Just can't seem to find a style that I like well enough to leave alone. I think I'll leave it simple for awhile; it's easier to read this way anyway. No background to have to work around or match all the text colors to.

I finished 'The Secret Life of Bees' and it is SO good; I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to read. I've read another one of Sue Monk Kidd's books, 'The Mermaid Chair', and it is really good too. The two books are quite different but are both quite interesting. I love to read (understatement) and I have very eclectic taste when it comes to reading material. I'm interested in just about anything. Right now I'm reading 'Odd Hour' by Dean Koontz. It's totally different from 'Bees' but it's quite good too.

I tend to read the first 30 pages or so of a book and know whether I'm going to like it or not. Some books that are similar to others I've loved just don't interest me for some reason. For example, 'Sail' by James Patterson is one book that I just could not get interested in. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood at that particular time for that type book. There have been times when I simply couldn't 'get into' a certain book, yet go back a few months or possibly years later and read it and really enjoy it. Weird? I don't know but I've always been like that.

My prayers tonight are with my friend Kristen; she's expecting and due in May/June. She's been having some pain today and I sincerely hope and pray that she and the baby are safe and healthy.

Thanks for reading; God Bless You :-)

0 blog friends left a treasured comment: